Saturday 19 July 2014

Because. (a short story)

A long time ago, there was us.
It may sound foolish, however,
yes, me and you, in our crazily developed own world filled with love.
Or at least that is what I used to think
because you made me think so. 


I put my trust and everything in you,
I depended on you to help me survive in this "cruel world".
Just as you prescribed me to.
I put my trust in you,
because you told me so.


I do realize that making friends is important, I thoroughly do.
But what can I do?
I was deeply entranced by you.
I was lonely but I will be alright.
Because all of them are bad people except you;
because you told me so.


By stopping myself to approach any friend,
by holding myself to not talk with the other boys,
by not talking to my family and avoiding them.
I thought it was the best for the both of us, I really do.
Because you told me to.


I didn't realize what I was doing until it is too late.
You told me everything will be fine,
you convinced me that I am the only one,
and you told me you will tell the other woman to back off. 
And I foolishly believed in your words;
because you made me think so.


I believed that it was the best for us, for me to wait for you
I realized that your heart was not for me.
Since the beginning; I was just another doll.
Therefore before I let myself be more broken.


I decided that there shall be no more "us" for all eternity.
Because I believe this would be the best for me.


I felt your anger but it was of no use, there is no more room left for you.
Call me selfish but look at you.
I was left alone but then I told myself: I am fine.
Yes, still alive. Fully functioned and breathing.
More importantly, I still have a chance to fix this all.
All for my better future.
And therefore I should fix it, and fix it I shall;
because I told myself to.


No one ever told me that life is easy,
in fact, everybody should know that it is super complicated.
No one ever told me that life is easy,
but the fact that I am still alive gives me more hope more than ever;
because I told myself so.



***


"Human beings are restless, purposive, and rational, striving to increase their enjoyment of the good things of life and capable of choosing and pursuing appropriate means for doing so.They are the original source of power." - Michael Mann

Every mistake opens a new challenge, and on every failed challenge we might suffer a crucial pain. I guess that is what every mistake taught us, and sometimes by the time we realized it, it was too late to fix it. But then again, every mistake prevents us from doing a similar one in the future so it might be a good experience. And I believe that learning by experience is better than leaning on education only. Humans are interdependent, however even though we need each other, in the end, any decision is made by ourselves.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment